By Rick Cramblett
* 1 and a half cups or 3 sticks of Earth Balance butter
* 4 cups of organic peanut butter
* 5 cups of USDA organic powder sugar. I use a little less than this to help prevent peanut butter from crumbling the next day. 4 and a half would be good.
* 1 cup of organic USDA brown sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla – a bit more would be good depending on peanut butter taste.
* 12 ounces of non dairy chocolate chips or carob chips
In a large pan melt 1 cup of butter and 4 cups of peanut butter. Add 5 cups of powder sugar, 1 cup of brown sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well. Pat into a large cookie sheet with sides.
Melt 12 ounces of non dairy chocolate or carob chips with 1 stick of earth balance butter. Pour evenly over top of peanut butter.
Refrigerate for one hour then cut 1 inch squares. Keep refrigerated.
Rick Cramblett: I am an independent filmmaker, freelance camera operator, and vegetarian from Detroit. I learned the benefits of healthy living from my closest friends and the healing powers of juicing and fresh vegetables from Joe Cross and Steve Jobs.