Superfoods

Everyone wants to look better, feel great, and live longer.

We live in a modern world linked to technological and scientific advances yet we consume processed foods and conventional foods that lack nutrients. The ongoing effect of these poor nutrients has resulted in an increase in obesity, as well as other common and unique illnesses. It is important to be active and health conscious, likewise it is essential to consume superfoods (certain seeds, sprouted grasses, berries) which are special nutritionally rich foods that offer tremendous dietary and healing potential. They are a powerful source of clean protein, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, antioxidants, good fats and oils, essential amino and fatty acids. They promote nutritional excellence, health and wellbeing, beauty, sustainable agriculture, and can transform individual diet and lifestyle, leading to a revitalized humanity and planet.

The movement is an education on health and sustainable living, connected through the most nutritious raw organic foods on the planet. The first point is that we have choice for the food we consume. Don’t be persuaded by marketing hype or cheapness of product. Food is essential for your wellbeing. Life is difficult enough; support yourself with the best nutrition in order to have the energy to succeed.

Eat real food, or the next closest thing and avoid eating highly processed foods. Only use supplements when you must; as they are not well absorbed, they are not bio-available. Capsules were created for people in hospitals that could not consume real quality food. You have no excuse. In order to transfer nutrients around the body it is necessary to consume living foods. A processed cake will not grow again, whereas a carrot can reshoot with water and sunlight. Therefore incorporate real foods if you have superfood powders.

Try to eat organic – it is better for you and the environment. There are many points to this – please google it if you wish to know more. The main premise is that non-organic foods are exposed to chemicals – pesticides and herbicides which you inadvertently consume. They can also be genetically modified resulting in risk of cancer. Supplement yourself with superfoods – bring back balance to your body. For each meal consume macronutrients – protein, carbohydrates and good fats, but you also need micronutrients – minerals, vitamins and antioxidants – superfoods are excellent for boosting these. Superfoods are primarily plant based; they contain numerous nutrients and can be dried/powdered which maintains nutrition. Avoid the tonics that contain preservatives and are expensive. The other good thing is that many companies are often eco and socially conscious. Smoothies are the easiest way to consume many superfoods – and a great way of mixing a variety of different superfoods.

Let food be thy medicine, and in doing so, save the expenditures of a typical consumer who is paying for health insurance and prescriptions. My health insurance: real food, superfoods and exercise. Drink plenty of water – spring water is best as it contains minerals and from deep Aquifers. Have foods that are low HI – little human interference. Anything with more than five ingredients should be avoided.  The 80/20 rule: 80% of the time be conscious of what you are consume – choose great. If you do this then there is no need to worry about the other 20% as your body will have enough support from the other good nutrition.

Finally the 4 things to avoid or at least minimise:

1. White carbohydrate – white pasta, white rice and white bread

2. White Sugar – processed sugar

3. Soft drinks – lots of artificial substances and high fructose corn syrup from corn

4. Trans fats – fried foods/ many processed baked goods

I hope that this helps you have a better understanding of the importance of the world’s most nutritious foods and that you start to incorporate them into your everyday diet so that you too can feel better, look great and live longer.


Andrew Maciver is an Australian, LA-based superfood activist, writer, presenter, actor, model and entrepreneur.   As the Superfood Warrior – he educates people on the importance of good choices on what they eat related to health, energy, healing and the sustainability.  Andrew is a keen adventurer, surfer and yoga practitioner.

Website: Superfood Warrior blog

Facebook: Superfood Warrior