Eat the rainbow and you will glow from the inside out! My absolute favorite go-to raw beet salad recipe!
Amazing as a beginning of the week batch prep dish to have on hand for busy days ahead! It’s so much easier to make healthy food choices when we are prepared and stocked with ready-to-go, immune boosting options!
The star ingredient in this colourful combo of goodness is the almighty beet! This beautifying root veggie is an immune boosting wonder, known for it’s ability to purify the blood and liver! Abundant in folate, manganese and fiber, beets are also a source of betaine, an anti-inflammatory nutrient that protects us from environmental stress, oh and yeah, they taste soooo good and act as an awesome berry coloured lip stain!
- 2-3 beets peeled and shredded
- 2 carrots peeled and shredded
- 5 leaves of kale stem removed (and frozen for later use in soups!) and ribboned
- 1-2 stalks celery cut lengthwise and chopped – – half bunch parsley chopped
- half bunch cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 shallot grated
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Himalayan sea salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Toss and set aside for at least 20-30 min to sit in it’s own juices and for the kale to soften. Keep in fridge and enjoy all week, added to raw wraps, sandwiches, salads or eaten straight up on its own! If you like you can add dried currants, cranberries whatever your heart desires
Kamila is a Holistic Life Coach and independent Mama living in Toronto Canada with her 7 year old daughter. Passionate about personal and environmental health and wellness, they strive to live in alignment with Mother Nature and love to spread the word about holistic living and all things DIY, from homemade toothpaste to gluten free, plant based cooking and a zero waste lifestyle.