A hugely popular recipe and for good reason, my raweos are a raw version of the cream filled chocolate biscuit, the oreo. Except mine are made without flour, sugar, butter and an oven.
I adore this recipe.
The flavour combination is comfortingly reliable and they taste too good to be the healthy version. If there was one recipe that I were to convince you to make, it would be this one.
Heaven in a bite!
RAWEOS (4 serves, R, VGN, GF, RSF, DF, 30mins)
3/4 cup (90g) pecans
1 cup (150g) medjool dates
Pinch of salt
1 tsp pure vanilla powder
3 tbsp cacao powder
1 cup cashews (soaked for 2+ hours)
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla powder
– Process biscuit ingredients in a food processor until it reaches a dough-like consistency
– Roll mixture into a large ball and flatten on cutting board with a rolling pin
– Cut in circle shapes with cookie cutter and refrigerate until firm. You can freeze to speed up the process
– Drain cashews and blitz filling ingredients in the food processor. Mixture should be creamy and smooth.
– Spread filling onto chilled cookies and sandwich together
– Store cookies in the fridge
Taline Gabrielian, founder of Hippie Lane, is an active mother of two who is passionate about healthy nutritious food. A talented raw treat maker, she uses whole unprocessed organic ingredients to produce mouthwatering desserts and sweet treats that are vegan and free of gluten, genetically modified ingredients and refined sugar. With a strong Instagram following, Taline’s recipes are in high demand. She supplies her tretas to her café’s, Ritual and Dose in Sydney’s North Shore and has recently developed her Hippie Lane mobile recipe app that features her most popular raw and baked recipes. The highly anticipated recipe collection was released in January and has been in the top charts in the food and drink category on the iTunes and Google Play store.