Raw Carrot Cake is gluten free, dairy free, and vegan! This cake is made using all natural ingredients that are kind to your body! Carrots are a good source of vitamin A, K, C and high in fibre. Enjoy the goodness with friends and family or is the perfect treat when you feel like something sweet!
Raw Carrot Cake with Lemon Cashew Frosting
For the cake//
1 cup medjool dates seeds removed
2 cups grated carrot
1 1/2 cups quinoa flakes
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup almonds or nuts of your choice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
pinch of nutmeg
Lemon Cashew Frosting//
1 1/2 cups cashews soaked for 4 hours and rinsed
1 lemon juiced
1/2 grated lemon rind
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor until combined.
2. Line a springform cake time with baking paper at the bottom and scoop out half the mixture in the cake tin. smooth over with a spoon and place in freezer.
3. Take out remaining cake mix, place in a bowl, and place in fridge.
4. Blend all cashew icing ingredinets until smooth, take out cake from the freezer and spread half the icing on the cake then place back in the freezer for about half an hour.
5. Take out cake from the freezer and add the rest of the cake layer, spread out with a spoon. Spread on the remaining cashew icing and let set in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
6. Take out and use a butter knife to gently go around the sides of the cake so its easier to open the cake tin.
7. Cut up and enjoy with friends and family!! It will last in the fridge for a week.
I’m Tiana from the Life Of Goodness, a Nutrition and Dietetics student with a passion for making delicious healthy plant-based recipes! I believe eating a wholesome nutritious diet and having a healthy mindset is so important and is the reason I started my blog. I hope I can contribute to spreading the message of good health and happiness!