Potato Salad is a summer staple, but with all the mayo and extra bits, might not be the lightest of summer meals. Enter Potato Salad healthified!
- 3/4 lb new blonde potatoes (small) cooked, cooled, peeled and cubed
- 2-3 cups mixed greens (I used @earthboundfarm bright herb blend)
- 1 cup arugula and mixed herbs (mint, parsley, whatever your heart desires)
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
- 2 tbsp fennel fronds (optional)
- 1 thick celery stalk finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp raw old fashioned mustard
- Himalayan sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste (I add A LOT of black pepper).
- Literally so simple. Toss and enjoy!
Holistic Health Tidbit:
Potatoes are indigestible in the raw state, but when cooked and cooled become easier to digest. In this state potatoes are a resistant starch and act as a prebiotic, providing nourishment for all the healthy bacteria in our gut, they simply feed the flora so we can flourish;) And they can even aid in dealing with bloat.
Another superstar in this salad is dill! This beautiful herb is delicious both dried and fresh, but in the summer months always reach for the fresh! This antioxidant green goddess provides calcium, iron and manganese, and what’s more, is anti-inflammatory and can help with digestion!
Kamila is a Holistic Life Coach and independent Mama living in Toronto Canada with her 7 year old daughter. Passionate about personal and environmental health and wellness, they strive to live in alignment with Mother Nature and love to spread the word about holistic living and all things DIY, from homemade toothpaste to gluten free, plant based cooking and a zero waste lifestyle.