The lovely Jessica Sepel is back today, sharing another one of her decadent, but oh-so-clean dessert recipes in celebration of her new book and program! Find out more here. In the meantime, without any further hesitation we’ll hand it over to Jess and find out how to make these amazing brownies…
Oozing, gooey and decadent – without the nasties! This recipe is everything you could want from a brownie; it’s gluten, dairy and refined-sugar free and full of good-for-you healthy fats! Perfect for an afternoon of baking or a low-sugar sweet treat. I think you will love!
Nut Butter & Sea Salt Brownies
Makes: 12 slices
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160.
- Sift coconut flour, cacao powder, sea salt and baking powder into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk almond butter, maple syrup, eggs and almond milk for a few minutes, until light and bubbly.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold until just combined. Stir through dark chocolate, if using.
- Spoon into a lined cake or brownie dish and bake in oven for 25-30 mins, until just cooked.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.