Raise your hand if you currently have a tub of petroleum jelly lying around in your house. It is no surprise that practically everyone has this miracle product in their homes. Petroleum jelly can be used for absolutely anything. You name it! You can use it on your lips, on your hair and even on your eyelashes.
You’ve probably heard this age-old beauty tip. I’m sure I did growing up. My mother used to tell me that if I religiously applied petroleum jelly onto my lashes every single night then I would end up with longer lashes. But how true is this trick? Does it really work? Or is it just another beauty myth we should chuck down the drain like the rest of them?
How to apply petroleum jelly on lashes?
We’ll get to the step by step guide on using petroleum jelly for your lashes later because first we would like to discuss with you a couple of tips and tricks that will probably aid you eyelash growth with the use of petroleum jelly.
1. It is best to apply petroleum jelly at night. Have you even felt petroleum jelly on your skin? Every human being knows how oily petroleum jelly can get. So imagine having that much gunk on your face at around 10 o’clock in the morning, believe us it’s not a pretty sight. Also people believe that it makes their skin look brighter come morning time.
2. Remember to be patient. Rome was not built in the day. Translation: your eyelashes will need a bit more time to absorb the moisture petroleum jelly has to offer.
Discuss Steps to apply it
1. The first step is to remove any trace of makeup from your face.
2. You now have the option whether or not to apply the petroleum jelly using your clean fingers or a clean mascara wand. If you intend to use your fingers remember to only put a small dab of it to avoid putting too much on your eyelids (this can cause puffiness). If you’re going to be using a mascara wand just put a bit of the petroleum jelly on it and use it as if it were your mascara.
3. Wash the petroleum jelly off in the morning using warm water.
4. Be patient. Repeat this process every day until you see results. Some people see results in just a span of weeks while some need a couple of months for it to kick in.
It is really that simple. Petroleum jelly is not only easy but it is literally dirt-cheap! It seems like a win-win situation for you!
Does petroleum jelly really makes eyelashes longer?
Now this is where it gets tricky. Some people have reported success, though some people have turned skeptical about this little beauty trick’s chances. You see petroleum jelly is one of the cheapest conditioning and moisturizing agents out there. Petroleum jelly’s moisturizing emollients helps it moisturizing dry and brittle eyelashes restoring it to its former glory. Which is probably why a lot of people have noticed a significant change in their eyelashes when using this process.
Is there any side effect?
The main qualm people have against this product is the greasiness that comes with it. Not only is it uncomfortable to use especially during the daytime, the petroleum jelly could also cause skin irritation. Because petroleum jelly is so greasy a lot of people have complained about their pores being clogged by this product. Not only do they claim to be getting acne but they also claim to have gotten eye irritations such as stye.
Although adverse reactions to petroleum jelly is an extremely rare occurrence, we would still urge you to try a patch test on your hands before using products that will expose and make your sensitive eye area vulnerable.
Other beauty tips using petroleum jelly
1. You can use petroleum jelly as a natural lip-gloss. It can also heal cracked lips.
2. Petroleum jelly is an extremely effective makeup remover.
3. Try slathering petroleum jelly on your feet at night and covering it with a sock. This is an instant way to remedy cracked heels.
Whether or not petroleum jelly can lengthen your eyelashes seems to vary on a case-to-case basis. The good news is, petroleum jelly is cheap and it is generally safe for use so there really isn’t any harm in trying it out, you could be delightfully surprised by the results!
Margaux Diaz has over a decade of experience researching and writing as a profession and as a passion. She is an inspirational writer who strongly believes in the power of self-motivation. She is contributing to consumerhealthdigest.com for anti-aging and beauty category.
Facebook Link: https://www.facebook.com/mak.margaux
Twitter Link: https://twitter.com/Gaux_Beauty
My Site Link: http://www.consumerhealthdigest.com/