Hey guys! I’m Katie, creator of Love Sweat Fitness, a community where women come to be inspired and inspire one another to live fit, healthy and most importantly, balanced lives! (lovesweatfitness.com)
As a personal trainer and fitness instructor I am constantly asked what it takes to lose weight and keep it off. The answer is quite simple; eat clean balanced meals and workout consistently. Easier said than done right? Between jobs, families, friends and other obligations, it can seem impossible to make this happen, but I promise you it’s not.
Losing weight and being fit doesn’t mean you have to spend hours in the gym. I should know, before starting my fitness career, I lost 45 lbs without stepping foot inside a gym. We’re all looking for quick and effective workouts we can add into our daily routine without having to change the whole thing. I am all about creating workouts that will do just that.
I love mixing up weight training, circuits, intervals and other high-energy exercises to ensure you get the absolute best results in a short amount of time. I wanted to share one of my favorite at home workouts with you. I also have tons of great workouts you can do ANYTIME on my YouTube channel as well! (youtube.com/lovesweatfitness)
The most important piece of advice I can share with anyone starting a workout routine it to:
Listen To Your Body & Don’t Be Afraid of Weights!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Set of Dumbbells
What to do:
- Complete each exercise moving as quickly as you can
- Take 2 min break after completing all exercises
- Repeat set 1-2 more times.
Step By Step Exercises
- Start Standing with Feet Hip Distance
- Hop Down and Back Into a Plank
- Hop Knees Forward
- Exhale and Come Back to Standing
- CHALLENGE: Explode into a Jump
Butterfly Crunch: 20
- Laying on Your Back, Press Soles of the Feet Together to Touch, Knees Open Wide
- Hands Rest Behind Your Head, Elbows Out Wide
- Draw the Belly Button Into the Spin, Zip Up the Rib Cage
- Exhale as You Lift the Shoulders Off of The Ground
- Lower Back Down One Inch on the Inhale and Repeat
- CHALLENGE: Lift and Lower Feet with the Crunch
Squat With A Shoulder Press: 15
- See “Squat” Above
- Bring Weights to Shoulders as You Sit Into Squat
- Exhale and Press Weights Overhead as You Stand
Bicycle Crunch: 30
- Laying on Your Back, Bring Knees to a Table Top Position
- Rest Hands Behind Head with Elbows Open Wide
- As You Exhale, Lift Right Shoulder Off the Mat, Crossing to Meet Left Knee at Center While Right Leg Elongates to Hover
- Switch to Opposite Side (Left Shoulder to Right Knee) and Repeat
Walking Lunges: 20
- Step Right Foot Out Into a Lunge
- Knee stacks over ankle on front leg
- Keep Pelvic Tucked
- Pushing Through Front Heel, Step Feet Together and Switch Legs
Plank Jacks: 20
- Start in Plank Position
- Keep Hips and Booty Down in Line with Heels and Crown of the Head
- Jump Feet Apart About 2 Feet
- Exhale and Jump Feet Back Together
- Repeat In and Out
Katie Dunlop is a Certified Personal Trainer (NCCPT), group fitness instructor and entrepreneur based in Orange County, California. She is the creator of Love Sweat Fitness, a health and fitness community that inspires women around the world to find their happy, healthy hot body! Katie’s journey began after college as she found herself 45 pounds overweight and tired of the ups and downs of fad diets and trendy workout plans. She knew there had to be a better way and finally took her health and fitness into her own hands. Katie dropped the extra weight and found her true passion; helping other women reach their goals.
Love Sweat Fitness was born after girls in Katie’s weekly barre class began asking her to post workouts online. She started @lovesweatfitness Instagram in order to share not only workouts, but also her story and daily motivation. Now, LSF has grown to a community of over 400,000 women.
**All images via Katie, lovesweatfitness.com and @lovesweatfitness