Explanation

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Satingo 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

brooke.anderson.1
    Participant

For someone who is newly entering this community, I’m having difficulty explaining to my friends and family the aspects of a spiritual and zen life especially since I’m not entirely sure myself. How can I explain to them what manifestation is, or even what it means to live a spiritual life?

Thank you!
    Xoxo

Selene
    Participant

What an interesting question! But I’ll let the others answer because I’m quite new too.

The only things I can tell you from my little experience is… I didn’t explain it to my friend or family, I live it.
    They actually don’t know what I’m doing but they know there’s something new in my life.
    I don’t have to explain it, they’re feeling it. I stop my studies, I refuse a job for my happiness, I give a lot to people, I see more my family and my friend and I’m smiling every time and every day. I’m also more quiet, my stress is less important and I change my clothes, my look and my way to think and judge. I start practicing respiration exercise and meditation.

I’m still on a way of spiritual and zen life but they don’t know it. It’s my work and I do this alone. They help me without know it. And of course, none of this would be happen without YZL.

I don’t know If you understand what I mean… practice it, find your way and you’ll feel and find your zen life. And they will feel that too. I’m too young and inexperiment to have words yet, to explain why I’m doing this (well, actualy, I can explain but not entirely), so right now, I’m doing this and I let all the people around me feel my happiness.

Hope you’ll find your spirituality and your zen life!

With all my love!
    Selene

P.S: Sorry for my english…

Great question Brooke – and I would have to agree with the comment above. I don’t push my spirituality or daily practices. I’ve read that you shouldn’t push your beliefs on anyone else – it’s their journey. However, if people ask I share some of it but otherwise I keep it to myself. I recently moved back in with my family – they know I meditate and they don’t ask too many questions, they know I like going to yoga but that’s all really. I don’t discuss too much – everyone has their own journey:)

Satingo
    Participant

In addition to all the above:

One may ask why the awakened ones do not awaken people in the world from the sleep of confusion. The answer is that it is not to be advised that little children, whose only happiness is slumber, should be awakened. Their growth depends on their sleep. If they are kept up late they become ill, and will not be so useful in the affairs of the life when they are grown up. Childhood needs more sleep, and the children must sleep. Such is the nature of immature souls. They are children, however old their bodies may appear. Their fancies, their joys, their delights are for unimportant things in life, as the life of children is absorbed in sweets and toys. Therefore those who are awakened walk slowly and gently, lest their footsteps may disturb the slumber of the sleeping ones. They only awaken on their way those whom they find tossing in their beds. They are the ones to whom the travelers on the spiritual path give their hand quietly. It is for this reason that the spiritual path is called the mystical way. It is not unkind to awaken a few and to let many sleep, but on the other hand it is great kindness to let those slumber who require sleep.
    “The Way of Illumination” Hazrat Inayat Khan

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.