Hi guys, YZL manager Cass here! I just wanted to pop onto your screen today and talk about something that I am very passionate about: being kind. Kindness is something this world needs much more of, it’s imperative in life and it’s up to us to lead the way. It is literally so important and can make life soooooo much better. And this goes for both being kind to one another AND to yourself. It’s something so important to me and was the reason behind creating For, She Is You: an online space inspiring girls and women to be kind to themselves and support one another.
Kindness is immeasurable and the ripple effect can be infinite. You honestly just never know what an impact your kindness can have on someone. It starts with you and by being kind to yourself, it has an infinite ripple effect. The thing is, there is a misconception that kindness = grand gestures, however, that’s not true – it is most often in the little day-to-day acts that kindness has the biggest impact.
I have put together a list of 15 simple ways to execute random acts of kindness:
Try them out today and feel great in knowing you are in fact, being the change which is our YZL motto.
– LOOK in the mirror and tell that person staring back at you how amazing they are, after all… kindness does start with YOU!
– SMILE at a stranger
– ASK someone how their day is going
– SEND a random text or email of appreciation
– PAY for someone’s coffee / juice / milk
– HELP someone carry their groceries
– LET someone in, even when traffic is banked up or you’re in a rush… in fact, especially then
– GIVE up your seat for someone
– STOP and allow someone to cross the road, you’re not in that much of a hurry
– LEAVE a note for your spouse / bestie / family / co-worker to make them smile and remind them how amazing they are
– ADD money to someone’s expired parking meter
– LET the person in the line behind you at the grocery store go ahead if they only have a few items
– SEND someone a card or letter.. snail mail is the BEST and the most amazing surprise to receive in the letterbox
– COMPLIMENT someone, genuinely compliment someone. You can always find something nice to say
– HOLD the elevator door for someone
See how many of the above you can fit into this next week! And feel free to add additions in the comments below, I’d love to hear your random acts of kindness!
Love, Cass x
Hi guys! I’m YZL editor Cassandra Kerr, for those of you who don’t know me I am a passionate advocate for kindness and women supporting women – which is why I founded, For, She Is You. I am a believer that ANYTHING is possible. I am a dreamer. a creative. a digital bee. a happy snapper. a hopeless romantic. a lover of 80’s tunes, handwritten notes and inspiring quotes.